We are focusing on just the crafting changes, but you can find the full list of all the Release 57 changes at https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=98362
Double XP All the Time
After many months of Double XP promotions the team has analyzed the data and made the decision to make this the new standard for experience point earning rate at all times!
Player-Made Dungeons (Preview)
In exciting news, the team has been able to make faster progress on Player-Made Dungeons than expected due to how much it uses underlying systems like basements. While originally planned as an Episode 2 feature, the team now believes a version of the system can be up and running as soon as Q4 of this year without affecting the work on other systems like Fishing! To kick off the upcoming launch of this exciting player-made content, the team has made available five dungeon entrances, along with five static example dungeons in Release 57.
One dungeon entrance is craftable, four are purchasable from the Add-On Store. They included static example dungeons, complete with creatures and loot, will vary in point size and difficulty level and can be used until the player built dungeon feature goes live. When the player-made dungeons feature goes live in Q4 2018, the example dungeons will vanish and be replaced by an entry room but the player will receive the blueprints to all the pieces needed to rebuild the dungeon (some assembly required!).
Player-made dungeons will be expandable and customizable with in-game craftable rooms and/or Add-On Store rooms. As a bonus, the Add-On Store Dungeons include a Unity asset pack of dungeon rooms and hallways that you can experiment with using Unity which is free for non-professionals to download! These entrances can be placed in addition to your basement.
Tomb Entrance plus 50-Point Dungeon (Craftable): This sarcophagus can be crafted to use as the entrance to your dungeon. It includes a 50-point example static dungeon, complete with creatures and loot, for low-level players that can be used until the player built dungeon feature goes live.
The team now has technology and user interface support to allow the use of dyes to change the colors of decorations including banners, beds, couches, sofas, and more! In support of this new system the team has added some mega dye packs to the Add On Store that offer a complete selection of the dyes at a discounted price.
The team has begun updating game assets to accept dyes. This will take time as each asset has to be modified individually. The plan is to maintain a careful balance between craftable items and store items in this effort. For now the focus is on cloth items but the team plans to expand to leather and possibly wood as well. The following items have been updated in Release 57 to support dyes:
- Short Banner (craftable)
- Long Banner (craftable)
- Free Standing Long Banner (craftable)
- Free Standing Short Banner (craftable)
- Heraldry Short Banner
- Heraldry Long Banner
- Heraldry Standing Long Banner
- Heraldry Standing Short Banner
- Canvas Upholstered Barrel Sofa (craftable)
- Canvas Upholstered Loveseat (craftable)
- Canvas Upholstered Long Couch (craftable)
- Canvas Upholstered Wooden Trim Loveseat (craftable)
- Canvas Upholstered Armchair (craftable)
- Canvas Upholstered Barrel Chair (craftable)
- Canvas Upholstered Chair (craftable)
- Fine Red Upholstered Barrel Sofa
- Fine Red Upholstered Loveseat
- Fine Red Upholstered Long Couch
- Fine Red Upholstered Wooden Trim Loveseat
- Fine Red Upholstered Armchair
- Fine Red Upholstered Barrel Chair
- Fine Red Upholstered Chair
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Barrel Sofa
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Loveseat
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Long Couch
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Wooden Trim Loveseat
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Armchair
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Barrel Chair
- Fine White & Gold Upholstered Chair
Blue Roses and Individual Color Rose Recipes
A new color variation has been added to roses: Blue! Blue Rose Bushes can be grown and harvested for roses via the Agriculture system just like other roses. Previously there was only a recipe for a mixed color bouquet and/or arrangement of roses. Now there are recipes for every color of rose!
Merchants that specialize in inventory related to brewing have begun appearing all over Novia. They can be found in six locations:
- Brittany Wharfs Cooking Shop (Brittany Ale)
- Broochash Tavern (Drach Bock)
- Harvest Tavern (Harvest Wheat)
- Solania General Store (Perennial Red Wine)
- Northwood Tavern (Paladis White Wine)
- Desolis Inn (Whiskeys)
Merchants that specialize in inventory related to flowers have begun moving in all over Novia. Note that the new color specific rose flower arrangements and bouquets can only be found on these merchants. They can be found in four places:
- Brittany Alleys
Heraldry Eternal Pattern Numbers
To better support groups (guilds, POTs, associations, etc.) the number of Eternal Patterns you received with certain Heraldry items from the Add On Store was expanded. NOTE: This will be retroactive for previous purchases!
- Heraldry Cloak Eternal Pattern: 4 (was 1)
- Heraldry Beer Cask Eternal Pattern: 6 (was 1)
- Heraldry Wine Cask Eternal Pattern: 6 (was 1)
- Heraldry Spirits Cask Eternal Pattern: 6 (was 1)
- Heraldry Storage Chest Eternal Pattern: 3 (was 1)
- Heraldry Standing Banners Eternal Pattern: 3 of each (was 1 of each)
- Heraldry Banner Eternal Pattern Set: 3 of each (was 1 of each)
Auto Selection Polish for Crafted Items
The team has refined the process of how items are filtered and auto selected when you double click on the Socketing, Masterwork, and Enchanting recipes in your recipe book.
- Socketing: Items that are already socketed will not be selected.
- Masterwork: Items that already have the max number of Masterwork effects will not be selected.
- Enchanting: Items that already have the max number of Enchantment effects will not be selected.
Watering Status Tooltip
Plants in their various growth and watered stages in the Agriculture system now have tooltip that says their watered state (“Watered” vs “Needs water”).
- Recipes can now be stacked!
- Recipes values are now set based on their difficulty. Values range from 5 to 100 gold.
Virtue and Companion Gear
Virtue and Companion Gear were originally flagged as quest items (or no trade) which meant that they could not be used as decorations, could not be traded, and could not be used in the crafting system. This means that beyond a very short period where the stats for these items were meaningful to the player this gear was not useful and was not part of the player economy. The team has fixed this in this release. All Virtue and Companion Gear items now provide a normal pattern on salvage (except Fiona’s Lute), can now be traded, and used as decorations! Note that these patterns are flagged to drop at 100%!
- Blue Rose Flower Arrangement (Florists, see above)
- Orange Rose Flower Arrangement (Florists, see above)
- Pink Rose Flower Arrangement (Florists, see above)
- Red Rose Flower Arrangement (Florists, see above)
- Yellow Rose Flower Arrangement (Florists, see above)
- Blue Rose Bouquet (Florists, see above)
- Orange Rose Bouquet (Florists, see above)
- Pink Rose Bouquet (Florists, see above)
- Red Rose Bouquet (Florists, see above)
- Yellow Rose Bouquet (Florists, see above)
- Reshape Dungeon Entrance Recipe
- Tomb Dungeon Entrance Recipe including example 50-Point Dungeon (Blacksmithing merchants and Decoration merchant in Brittany)
- Standing Stone (Smelting Recipe, Drachvald Decoration Merchants, Brookside & Graff Island)
- Engraved Standing Stone (Smelting Recipe, Drachvald Decoration Merchants, Brookside & Graff Island)
- Book Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern (Add-On Store)
- Mirror Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern (Add-On Store)
- Stone Archway Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern (Add-On Store)
- Rift Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern (Add-On Store)
- Dark Elven Kinsman Buckler Eternal Pattern (Add-On Store)
- Dark Elven Kinsman Buckler Pattern (Add-On Store)