We are focusing on just the crafting changes, but you can find the full list of all the Release 56 changes at https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=97079
- Unicorn Horns - used to craft daggers or spears. The horn is used in place of the dagger blade/spear head component when crafting to make Dark and Light Sylvan Daggers and Spears. The bonuses from these components are powered by a player’s total virtue. The Light Sylvan weapons give bonuses to players with positive virtue, while negative to players with negative virtue. The opposite is true of the Dark Sylvan weapons.
- Unicorn Hair - used to craft Dark and Light Sylvan Bowstrings. The bowstrings are used in bows and crossbows when crafting. The bonuses from these components are powered by a player’s total virtue. The Light Sylvan bowstrings give bonuses to players with positive virtue, while negative to players with negative virtue. The opposite is true of the Dark Sylvan bowstrings.
“Brewed By” on Casks
In Release 55, brewing was introduced to the game. This new cooking process included the creation of casks which included a maker’s mark. These casks are then used to mature various alcohols (beer, wine, whiskey). Unfortunately, those brews did not carry a maker’s mark. This has been changed in Release 56 so that the casks will now show a maker’s mark for the brews inside them via a tooltip. NOTE: This will only affect brews made starting after Release 56 goes live. Any brews started before that time will lack this information.
Alcohol Economic Balance
During Release 55, the team had to patch a reduction in value to alcoholic beverages due to an exploit and some economic imbalances we discovered. In Release 56, the underlying exploit was fixed and the team has done an overall economic balance pass. Beer and Wine, which have relatively short maturation periods of 3 and 7 days respectively, are now balanced for a profitability more in line with other agricultural products. Whiskeys, which have long maturation periods of 30 days or more, have been returned to 60-80% of their original pricing and therefore remain the most profitable endeavor of brewing. NOTE: The team is considering a change to inventory limits so they will no longer be infinite on characters. If this change is implemented in Release 57 the team could possibly return Beer and Wine to their previous pricing as this will close the current loophole that is causing economic imbalance.
Kobold gunners now drop crossbows as loot instead of hammers. Long term they will drop various Kobold guns that players will be able to wield and salvage for parts to craft their own ranged weapons.
Item Property Balance
Fustian Straps - to better balance these against cotton straps they have been set to give flat focus bonus instead of percent
Constantan Sheets and Coils - to better balance these against bronze versions these have been set to give a flat focus bonus instead of percent
Meteoric Iron Bindings, Sheets, & Coils Balance - to better balance these against bronze versions we increased the defense value of these items
White Iron Sheets and Coils Balance - the health bonus has been increased for these items to better balance them against White Iron Bindings
Jar of Vinegar, Brace of Lapine, Ardoris Coleslaw & Darkstarr Smoked Duck
These recipes used to require purchased or found bottles of wine. They have been updated to now require crafted wine and will no longer work with the previous bottles. We also changed Ardoris Coleslaw to use the Jar of Vinegar instead of the bottle of wine in the recipe.
Granite Block Recipes Adjustment
We adjusted crafted granite block recipes to better represent cost to size. Swapped cost of 1Wx1Hx2L(22 to 15) with 1Wx2Hx2L(15 to 22).
Masterwork & Enchantments Fixes
The team fixed an issue where several mastework and enchantment effects were not being calculated correctly. They were being displayed with high chances of success but were being calculated at a full decimal place lower. This has been fixed so they will now calculate properly against their displayed value. The effects include:
- Charge Stun Chance
- Crushing Blow Stun Chance
- Gust Chance
- Knockback Knockback Chance
- Knockdown Knockdown Chance
- Leg Sweep Knockdown Chance
- Attack Speed Chance
- Critical Bonus Night Chance
- Heal Chance
- Ignite Weapon Chance
- Strength Bonus Day Chance
- Shield Bash Knockback Chance
- Skewer Root Chance
- Aether Corpion Poison (Alchemy Recipe, Discoverable)
- Aether Dragon Trophy Head (Carpentry Recipe, Discoverable)
- Clay Pipe (Blacksmith recipe from Blacksmith in Resolute)
- Dark Sylvan Bowstring (Tailoring Recipe from Unicorn Foals)
- Elven Bed (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Elven Chair (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Elven Coffee Table (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Elven Dinner Table (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Elven Dresser (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Elven Side Table (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Elven Sofa (Carpentry recipe from Elven enemies)
- Light Sylvan Bowstring (Tailoring Recipe from Unicorn Foals)
- Shogun String Light (Carpentry Recipe from Ardoris decoration merchants)
- Vial of Distilled Aether (Alchemy Recipe, Discoverable)
- Wood-Framed Novia Map Painting (Carpentry Recipe from Brittany decoration merchants, unique component from bookstore in Brittany Estates)
- Wooden Round Table (Carpentry recipe on Etceter decoration merchants and all carpentry merchants)
- Wooden Throne (Carpentry recipe on Ardoris decoration merchants and all carpentry merchants)
- Heavy Plate Armor (Pattern Pack & Eternal Pattern, Add-On Store)
- Heraldry Throne (Eternal Pattern, Add-On Store)
- Heraldry Round Table (Eternal Pattern, Add-On Store)